Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sept 26...Lots has happened

First the big thing...Doug now has a new knee and the surgery which was Thursday went well. I asked Doug so many questions before surgery getting few answers and NOW I know the answers. The recovery will be much longer than I thought. A walker for from 4 to 6 weeks among other things. I haven't a clue when he will be driving again. Wow...He has consented to stay upstairs for a while. We'll see how long that lasts. He does a lot of sweating when walking. He is home tomorrow afternoon and the he has scheduled rehab Monday morning at 8!!!! am. It's three days a week. He is to put his leg in a machine that sits on the bed that moves his leg continuously. It can run at night as well as in 2 hr periods during the day. And...HE LOVES his Pills. So...I think he is doing very well.

And...I've been hither and yawn since he is in the hospital. Free time will be over soon. I visited with friend Sarah Ellen last night. She had surgery Monday and seems to be now on a sharp turn upward to recovery. Today I went to the Carmel Art Fair. It was well attended and the weather is perfect. It is a three day event. The downtown area is blocked off with many vendors on the streets.

I've been moving things around in the house anticipating a guy on a walker. I'm blowing out the garage later today. That means blowing out the dirt. Then it's our usual run to Panara's tonight anticipating tomorrow morning in the Community Rm. at church. I pick up Doug early afternoon. Then we'll see what happens!

No comments: